From my last post we had this storm coming and that was Wednesday, and here it is Friday and this thing is still hanging around, like a nasty head cold that won't go away?
Wed night all signs were pointing toward this storm leaving the area. I put up some of our hurricane shutters before I went to bed as our house is an older masonry home with arched windows. Only problem with these windows is no glass, just screens, but we have these wood doors to close up.
Sure enough about 4AM Thursday, I hear it pouring and the wind coming from the west (normally we get easterly trade winds). I got up and found rain pouring into house. So here I am in my boxers hanging the shutters and Shannon following me with towels. I thought the Weather Service said that this storm was moving to the north and out of here?
- Bolongo Bay - Flooding
- Nadir (Bridge To Nowhere) - Flooding, utility pole sparking, cars stuck in the water
- Mandahl - mudslide
- Brookman Road *ROAD CLOSED DUE TO FLOODING, ROADWAY COLLAPSE, CARS STUCK IN THE WATER
- Bovoni - Flooding
- Frenchmans Bay - debris in the roadway, road undermined and hillside came down in citizen's yard
Western Side of St. Thomas
- Kronprindsens Gade, manhole Cover came off
- Estate Pearl, flooding
- Contant - flooding
- Northside - trees Down in the Roadway
- North Star Village - Roadside undermined
- Soldberg - Debris and boulders in the roadway
- Crown Mountain (WGOD) - Landslide *blocking 90% of roadway
- Honduras - flooding, debris
- Veterans Drive - flooding, debris
- Mandela Circle - Flooding
- Northside (Four Corners) - Debris and boulders in the roadway