After arriving in the city of Chillan, the last city before you head up to Nevados de Chillan, we stopped in at their version of a Super Wal - Mart, Jumbo. It is on the right about 2 miles from where you exit Ruta 5.
It was about 5:30 and we walked in to much of a surprise, a clean and well organized store, something we are not used to here in the Virgin Islands! It was fun to see the cultural differences:
- One aisle dedicated to yogurt
- eggs were not refrigerated
- fresh produce
- one aisle dedicated to hot dogs!
- lots of fresh seafood and meats
- large section of breads or hockey pucks as I call them
- not very much in the way of potato chips or salty snacks
- tons of cookies
- not much in the way of beer but plenty of wine and pisco.
- Many items that are liquid come in pouches?
We slept in as we had just did a red-eye and planned on doing a half day! On our way to the mountain!